Metrology - Senior Software Engineer Gloucester UK
As a world leader in CAD CAM, Vero develops and distributes software for aiding the design and manufacturing processes. By utilising the Hexagon group's metrology solutions that integrate sensors and domain knowledge, Vero can drive productivity and quality across the range of our customers’ industries.
The main focus is to develop software for our products to agreed plans and specifications. A Senior Software Engineer holds responsibility for the design, development and maintenance of several areas of the products, providing technical information on these to the overall project and roadmap processes as well as support for other software engineers in their team.
• To actively contribute to specification and design workshops, leading and coordinating when required
• To actively contribute to implementation planning and breaking down of new development into individual work items
• To undertake software implementation and necessary tasks to achieve planned software development projects, providing the technical lead in their areas
• To provide timely feedback and accurate information to the team and management on progress and risk areas
• To provide expert technical knowledge on their areas of the software
• To master the core programming languages and technologies used in their areas of the software
• To maintain a good level of technical knowledge and skills
• To deputise for other senior development staff as necessary
• To mentor junior software engineers as necessary
• To evaluate and integrate 3rd party software effectively with development management
• To maintain customer and commercial focus in development activities
• To maintain high levels of quality and reliability
• To foster positive working relationships with team members
• To contribute to the team, providing help and support to other team members
• To collaborate effectively with other development groups and remote teams as required
• To provide technical feedback on their areas of the software to Support, Documentation and Sales teams as required
Successful candidates will have a good background in CAD/CAM, engineering or scientific software with a relevant degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent experience. 4+ years’ commercial C# .Net programming experience in software interfacing to machine tool, instrument or other hardware controllers is essential to the role. Skills in one or more of; Probing, machine controls, DNC, PLCs, control interfaces, CNC controller formats would be of interest, as would C++, Agile/Scrum, API development and continuous integration.
We would love to hear from you
To apply, please email a covering letter, giving details of your current salary package, together with your cv to email@example.com